Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Adiós, Laura

Tonight I tried to do some blog housekeeping. It didn't really work, except that I updated my reading list and deleted Laura's travel blog from the sidebar. "Deleted" seems like such a cruel word, so I thought I'd at least say something about it here rather that just wiping it.

Laura returned home from Spain about a month ago. From what I know, she had a fantastic time and achieved her ever-changing goal of fluency, although I think she was pretty happy to home. For one thing, she missed the peanut butter.

Blogging is a pretty cool thing. My older sister spent a year of college in Germany several years ago, and although it was wonderful to read her descriptions of places, people, and traditions, it was hard to imagine what it was really like until we actually got there to visit her. I never got a chance to visit Laura in Seville, but I liked getting to see a very teeny slice of her life there along with the words. So maybe it's the digital cameras that are pretty cool things.

No comments: