Monday, June 26, 2006

Summer

I kept thinking I would have more time to update this thing during the summer when I didn't have homework to worry about, but, it turns out I don't. I blame Angela. She lent me her DVD's of seasons 2 and 3 of 24 and I've been watching them nonstop for the past two weeks. The other part of this I blame on work. I spent about 70 hours at work last week, mostly just trying to compensate for my own stupidity. And as a reward, I got reprimanded via email this morning for not exiting the building the "after hours way" over the weekend. Great way to start the week.

In other news, I wore my contacts for the entire day today! Well, entire day being about 12 hours, but that's longer than I've worn them since the middle of March (March!), so I was happy about it. My eyes still look a little bloodshot by the end of the day, but I can't remember what they used to look like at the end of the day before all of this happened, so I'm not sure they're really any worse. It was amazing to run outside and go to the gym and actually be able to recognize people that I passed, see the skyline clearly, and remember that trees have individual leaves. I also never realized how much contacts block your eyes from the wind.

Almost two weeks ago, my newly graduated roommate left for a month-long trip to Europe. I have the apartment to myself until the end of the week, when my roommate's girlfriend's twin sister arrives to sublet. At first it was nice to have the place to myself because I could have the remote whenever I wanted and the bathroom stays neater with just one person. But it's really boring. I used to think that I'd want to live alone for a while after I graduate next year. I've always lived at home with my parents or with roommates, and it seems like having my own apartment is one of those milestones you're supposed to hit in life. But I don't really like living by myself. Too much quiet, and there's no one else around to kill the giant bugs that invade the apartment from time to time.

So, just four more days of work and then it's off to Houston! Mmm... margaritas at Mely's. :)

No comments: