Tuesday, December 05, 2006

I've started a bunch of posts over the past couple weeks and never got the chance to actually finish and post any of them, so now I'm writing one of those posts that's just, "Yes, I'm alive, just busy."

So, there it is. I'm still around, just crazily cramming everything in before the end of the semester next Wednesday. I've got one more project and one more final exam, then this stupid semester is finally done. It'll be nice to actually remember what I'm doing for my thesis after that. It's definitely gotten the short end of the stick recently.

My interview last Friday in Maryland went pretty well, I think. It was a 10 hour day, but it was worth it to talk with as many people as I could about their work. The majority of the groups that I interviewed with do missile work for the military, but I did manage to get an interview with the space group as well. I was expecting to be pretty ho-hum about the military work and really excited about the space stuff, but my actual response was the opposite. I did interview with the space group really late in the day, so I'm sure that was a factor, but it just didn't grab me like I thought it would. I was actually a lot more interested in some of the missile work, as well as the opportunities to travel and interface with some big names in Washington.

The tricky part is that now I have to rank my group choices for the HR department. Overall, the company would be a fantastic place to work (hello, $2 for $1 company 401(k) matching!), and I think I would be happy moving between several different groups over the next several years to try out many types of work. There's one group I could throw out, but that still leaves 5 for me to rank. And I have no idea.

No comments: