Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Important?

Over the past week and a half, I've been asked to be the in-case-of-emergency person for Josh while he's tromping around in Peru, an executor for my parents' will (although low on the list), and a bridesmaid at my cousin's wedding. The first one makes my chest tighten, the second one makes me feel a little unprepared (the extent of my tax knowledge ends with the 1040EZ), but the third one should be a lot of fun! My cousin Debbie only recently decided that she wanted to have a couple extra bridesmaids, so it was a little last-minute (the wedding's in a month), but I think I'll still have time to get everything sorted out.

And although the first two things are a little morbid, I'm flattered to have been asked to do them. And I do think that I would be able to handle that sort of responsibility rationally if I ever needed to. I'm not sure if I like what that says about me though.

No comments: