Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Registration Day

I got to campus early this morning to talk to a professor about being my faculty thesis advisor, but I still have another 10 minutes or so to kill before meeting with my regular academic advisor to register for my classes. I love Reg Day though - the excitement about taking new classes is still greater than the dread of the work that comes with them, and you run into all sorts of people that you haven't seen for months. Well, maybe just I feel that way, since my office is off-campus and several of my old friends from undergrad are in on-campus labs.

Anyway. I'm registering for a math class called Optimization Methods and I'm still deciding between two aero/astro classes: Feedback Control Systems and Aircraft Stability & Control. Feedback would be easy, I think, but it meets MWF from 2-3pm (bad for leaving early on weekends) and has a final exam (yuck). Aircraft Stability & Control would be harder, which might be a lot to handle with the optimization class, but it has no final and meets Tu/Th mornings. So then I wouldn't have class on Fridays. :) Yes, I realize these are terrible ways to decide which class to take. But I shop around for classes every term, so I guess this one is no different. In any case, I'm excited that this is my very last semester of classes!

No comments: