Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy belated birthday to me! I am officially 27.

I suppose I can echo Becca’s feelings in that I never thought I’d spend my 27th birthday addressing wedding invitations. It took us a long time to get the timing of the ceremony and reception nailed down, so we’re a little delinquent in sending out the actual invitations. I spent a long time fiddling with the mail merge function in Word so that I could have my blank envelopes printed with everyone’s addresses at Kinko’s... turns out our envelopes (regular 5x7) “won’t fit in their printers.”

Seriously??

I tried to think of where else I could have this done (we don’t have a working printer at home) when Glenn called, wanting to know the exact address for the wedding and whether we reserved hotel rooms anywhere yet. I realized it would be stupid to wait longer to send them out just so that I could have the addresses printed, especially since we’re only sending out about 30 invitations. So I’m hoping my somewhat scrunched handwriting says, “personal and casual” rather than “ghetto.” All along, Josh and I agreed that invitations were very low on our list of priorities, especially when we have so little time to plan the wedding, but...

On the bright side, I like how the actual invitations turned out, and I got to refine the reception playlist a little tonight while I was writing our return address for the zillionth time.

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Don't you know you're supposed to hire a calligrapher to address of your invitations by hand?? DUH.

Totally kidding, of course. How annoying that Kinko's couldn't use your envelopes.

Happy Birthday - a day late!

Jen said...

I bought a calligraphy marker and did mine by hand. It was maybe a little less ghetto than doing it with a ball point pen. Probably not much, though.

Becca said...

Happy shared birthday!

I addressed my invitations in cursive by hand with a pen I stole from work. Says "casual" to me :) The envelopes also don't match the invite because the printer gave me free envelopes and I thought it was silly to buy more. I mean, seriously, how many people notice your invite is white but the envelopes are ivory anyway?

Laura said...

"Hey, cute! Ross let Ben address my invitation!" :)

You can also get address labels for that pesky return address!

melanie said...

Thanks, you guys are making me feel better about this. Except you, Laura! :)