Saturday, February 07, 2009

Marriage


"Fidelity": Don't Divorce... from Courage Campaign on Vimeo.

This video had me in tears within seconds. In the middle of planning our wedding, I sometimes forget how lucky I am to even be able to marry the person I love. While I believe that marriage should be a religious institution only, I also believe that the government has no business telling me who I can or cannot pledge to share the rest of my life with. After all, aren’t we all just looking for happily ever after? Someone to love and comfort us? Shouldn’t we be encouraging monogamy, stable families, love and happiness, in whatever form they exist?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Did you notice how happy all the couples look? Wow ... and the last couple made me cry.

Laura said...

Like you I was gone within the first 20 seconds. Marriage is such a beautiful thing. Congrats on getting there :)

(yeah, I won't last long at your wedding either.)