Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Hiatus

Dear all,
Sorry I haven't written in a while. It's been sort of a blah past several days. Last week definitely ranked up there for one of my worst weeks at work, and then I was a giant sloth over the weekend. I came home from work on Friday and went for a run, then showered and was in my pajamas by 7 pm. I was totally looking forward to spending a chill night at home with my new cross stitch and the TV, except that my roommate came home around 8:00 and decided to tell me that she "couldn't believe" I wasn't going out on a Friday night. Ugh. Anyway, Saturday was a little better... I ventured outside to run in the morning and then went downtown with Josh, Sarah, and Becca to see this dance group called Diavolo. (Dee-AH-vo-lo, in case you're wondering) Their performance was really good, to my relief, since I was the one who had convinced the other three that it would be worth their time and money to go, and we ended up sitting in the very first row of the orchestra pit (yes, that would be in front of all the seats in the regular theater). I wouldn't have necessarily chosen to sit that close, but there wasn't a lot of choice left when I bought the tickets on Friday. Lots of grunting and flying sweat.

I spent the rest of the weekend putting off most of the errands I had to run, like going to the grocery store, although when I went to the mall on Sunday to return a pair of shoes, I ran into a Latin model search at the entrance to Foley's. It was cute to see all the kids try to strut down the runway... less cute to see all the teenage girls hooched out for the model scouts.

Okay Becca. I'm done.

4 comments:

Becca said...

YEAH FOR UPDATES!

Dude, I also went to the Mall on Sunday and had to bust through the crowd of onlookers at the model search. There were some seriously overdressed (figuratively, because not much fabric was involved) adolescents. I always feel like an old fart when I wonder why their moms let them go out in public like that.

Jen said...

It's nice to see that some of my engineering sisters also cross stitch. I used to hate doing it when I was young, but I think it is a reaction to all the numbers and stuff at work. What are you working on? My latest project is musical score with flowers around it.

Becca said...

I want to make an afghan, just a basic one with the VVV shape. Anyone know how?

Sarah said...

And then there is me, with the never-ending cross-stich of a wizard. I've been working on it on and off since spring 2002. :)