Friday, October 06, 2006

Long day

This has pretty much been the longest day on record. This will be followed by the shortest weekend on record, all courtesy of the fact that the boyfriend is arriving today and staying for the weekend. The extreme highs and lows of long distance dating really suck, so to make it through all the emails, phone calls, and weeks without seeing each other, I suggest you pick the best person on earth as your significant other. And no, you can't have mine.

Yesterday I got a new officemate. Yay! The only real perks to having my own office were that I could make personal phone calls whenever I needed to and no one tsk-tsk'ed if I watched movie trailers at lunch. But over the summer especially, days would go by where I wouldn't talk to anyone while I was at work. I don't work with other people on my project, and I felt a lot of pressure to get all my work done in such a short period of time, so I didn't have a lot of time for miscellaneous chitchat with my coworkers. Things are still really hectic, but at least now I have more of a social outlet here.

Well, I have nothing else interesting to talk about because I babysit Matlab sims all day, and it's almost time to go home. Happy Friday!

No comments: