Wednesday, October 04, 2006

My idiot day

Yesterday I brought my gym clothes to work, like I usually do, because I often go to the gym after work. But yesterday I had to run an errand at the mall before going to the gym, so I gathered up my stuff when I left work so that I could go straight to the gym afterward. Except when I got all the way downstairs and outside, I realized that I left my shoes in my office. *sigh*

Not a big deal, I'd just stop by my office on the way back - it's mostly on the way anyway. So I went to the mall, didn't find what I was looking for, of course, so then I biked back to work. Picked up my shoes, got back on my bike, headed over to the gym. After locking up my bike, I failed miserably at trying to cross the street - some other girl and I managed to hold up four lanes of traffic as we crossed. So then I got all the way into the locker room and realized that I had left my rear bike light on. UGH. So I trudge all the way back to the bike rack (no traffic hold up this time), and discover that I had, in fact, turned the light off. Yay! But boo for wasting all this time and energy walking back and forth.

So I get back to the locker room, get changed, go to the mirror to put my hair in a ponytail, and realize that I didn't bring a hair tie. ARGH! I shuffled through my backpack to find my extra in-case-of-emergency hair tie, but alas, it had served its purpose during the last one of these moments and had promptly made its way out of my bag, onto my head, and then safely home. Out of my backpack. I looked around the locker room to see if there was another girl who might have an extra one that I could borrow, but today of all days, the locker room is completely empty except for one girl who's in the shower. And I'm not interrupting anyone's shower.

So I shoved all my stuff back in my backpack and headed home. By the time I got home, I realized that the reason I hadn't left my rear light "on" was because the batteries died, and I had just biked all the way home, in the middle of traffic, with no rear light. Lovely.

No comments: